Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Finding a Job That Matches Your Interests




Today I visited the NY Mets website to look for information on retiring Mike Piazza's number (31). While there, I thought I’d take a look at the types of careers that were posted. I scrolled to the bottom of the page and there it was, “Job Opportunities. While there wasn’t a lot of detail there, it referred me to the NY Mets LinkedIn page where there were lots of interesting jobs (including internships).



Think about your interests. Does fresh food preparation appeal to you? Maybe you love to look through the food videos and selections at Blue Apron. Do you turn to Netflix to catch up on the latest episodes of your favorite shows or movies? What about your beloved sports teams? Take a look at their career pages. It sounds like common sense but how many people look for careers with their favorite brands or interests? Not many. Sometimes we forget that the Day-to-day companies that we love are also employers.

No comments:

Protests and the Job Search

I'm a job search coach and for years I have told my college age clients to delete any incriminating pictures or commentary that might ma...