Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Customer Service at JetBlue

Today my husband, dog and I flew from Boston MA to Ft. Myers Fl. It's normally a three or four hour trip but today, due to fog along the east coast, delays, cancellations and our own mistakes, the trip took us over 12 hours. Throughout the day I was getting text messages about delays or updates on the location of my luggage. More importantly, I witnessed some actions by the JetBlue staff that made me hopeful for our next generation of business leaders.

1.They can effortlessly multitask. They  can figure out a solution to your problem while talking to someone on the phone and directing the person next to them to look at their screen.

2. They help one another out. It's Teamwork at it's best. At one point we missed our flight and needed help getting back to Florida. While one customer service rep was looking for flights for us, she was asking her teammate to check for arrival times. They worked seamlessly. They came up with a solution.

3. They care for one another. They are co-workers yet they share a bond. I don't know how many times today I heard them tell one another to be safe, or, "I love you" or "You're the best".

4. They care for the crazy, grumpy hundreds of people who were delayed. They spoke to us like we were friends and they felt for us. They even had snacks at every check in station.

All in all, on a long, drawn out day filled with delays I found some sunshine in that fog and it was in the faces and words of the JetBlue staff.  Kudos JetBlue, you have a great team.

No comments:

Salary Negotiation Tips

  A retired teacher friend of mine is thinking about returning to the workforce but as an educational consultant. The company is flying her ...