Saturday, August 15, 2009

Networking ...True Story

On Wednesday, August 12th a recent college graduate couldn't find a job anywhere. She was looking in her home state of CT and the surrounding areas. Wednesday night her dad was playing tennis with a man who said that his company had been looking for an entry level marketing employee for months and couldn't find a suitable candidate. His problem was that the new person had to begin on Monday, August 17th. The dad said that his daughter just graduated with a degree in marketing/advertising. They agreed to meet the next evening. The college graduate met with the marketing guy and then went into NY for an interview on Friday (August 14th). After several hours of waiting by the phone, she got the call. She was accepted and begins Monday.
The moral of the story?
1. Networking, again.
2. Be prepared with your resume and be ready to interview on a moment's notice.
3. Be flexible.

PS She still has to go through the HR Department, medical, drug and background checks.

2 comments:

kiwigal said...

Such a wonderful Blog to happen across. I believe you have some rather awesome tips to share, I hope we can network some more.

Nancy Range Anderson said...

Thank you so much for your wonderful comment. I appreciate it. I think a lot of these articles will help many people in the midst of job search but I don't know how to get them more visability.

Protests and the Job Search

I'm a job search coach and for years I have told my college age clients to delete any incriminating pictures or commentary that might ma...