Monday, December 2, 2013
Interviewing Questions for the Second Interview
Honestly, if you don’t go into a job interview with a few questions for the interviewer, why even bother going to the interview? You will be removed from the list of candidates in a heartbeat if when asked, “Do you have any questions for me?” you respond, ”No thanks, you’ve been quite thorough.”
It’s easy enough to Google questions to ask the interviewer in an initial interview. Some questions can include:
a. What is the company environment like?
b. What concerns need to be addressed immediately?
c. What do you see happening with this position for the next 3 to 6 months?
d. What are the particular attributes needed to succeed in this job?
e. What are the challenges a person coming to this job will face?
What if you are called back for a second interview and this time it is with your potential peers or team members? There are questions for that group too. Similar to the questions used in the first interview they can include:
1. How would you describe the company culture?
2. What do you like about working for the company? or What have you enjoyed most about working for the company?
3. What made you decide to work for this company?
4. What have past employees done to succeed in this position?
5. Are there opportunities for training or professional development at the company?
6. What kinds of people really grow here?
7. What are the critical challenges your team is facing right now? How can the person stepping into the role help?
Your questions show that you care enough to prepare and research a company. To these add your ability to answer behavioral and common interviewing questions and having an idea of the products and services of the organization. They can only increase your chances of doing well in the interview.
When I was 18 – 21 years old I was a waitress making money for college. It was one of two jobs I held each summer. Every evening I drove o...
As I sit here preparing for a Job Search for the Age 40+ class next week, I figured that I’d share the wealth with you. Today I don’t have...
I miss my mother all of the time however on Mother’s Day I miss her the most. This morning I was remembering some of the lessons tha...
What do you think about company dress codes? When I worked in the Human Resources department the dress code was part of the employee handb...