Monday, January 3, 2011

Twitter and the Job Search

Today I read a report from Jobvite, Inc. (a recruiting platform).  It stated that in the upcoming year, 80% of companies plan to recruit through social networking with 78% using LinkedIn, 55% using Facebook and 45% using Twitter.  The report also notes that many companies are eliminating the added expense of posting job openings to job boards or working with recruiters and plan to move ahead with a push to recruit through social media. 

We've talked about using LinkedIn in your job search but haven't really said much about Twitter or Facebook.  Today I thought I would give you a couple of links to some helpful articles on using Twitter.  While the article from CIO article was published in 2009, it still contains some very useful information on setting up your Twitter account and using it in a way to get you noticed.  I've been Tweeting for a while and I learned a couple of new things from this article. One thing it stated is when setting up your Twitter account, you can link it to your LinkedIn profile.

Another one of my favorite, easy to follow, "go to" sites is About.com.  They have an interesting article about using Twitter to find various job sites. E-How also has some very easy to follow steps on starting up Twitter and using it for your job search.  It even lists some Twitter addresses to get you started.  Finally, I’ve listed Twit Job Search so that you can enter some job titles and see where it takes you.

I’ll have more on this subject soon but I suggest getting started if you haven't already.  That 45% rate is pretty high. My Twitter name is @Nancy_1, feel free to follow me!

No comments:

A Yoga Drishti and Your Job Search

 If you've been following this blog long enough, you'll know that I practice yoga. I also write how certain yoga techniques can be u...