Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Withdrawing a LinkedIn Invitation

Did you ever send someone a LinkedIn invitation by mistake? I have. I was giving a LinkedIn training session and wanted to show the group the way to personalize an invitation.  I clicked on the LinkedIn suggestions of "People You May Know" and went through the steps of personalizing the invitation (for someone I didn't know at all).  Then instead of hitting cancel, I hit send.  Hopefully I could withdraw it before the person on the other end ever saw it and wondered who I was.

In case you ever do the same thing, here are the steps to withdraw the invitation.  The main thing is that your invitation can be withdrawn just as long as the recipient hasn't seen it yet. Here's what you do; I've taken these steps directly from the LinkedIn Help Center.
  1. Click the Inbox icon in the top right of your homepage.
  2. Click Sent on the left.
  3. Find an invitation without "Accepted" next to the name.
  4. Click the subject line of the invitation.
  5. Click Withdraw.
    • If the Withdraw button isn't there, the invitation can't be withdrawn. It may have already expired.
    • The recipient won't be notified about a withdrawn invitation.
    • If you change your mind, you'll need the recipient’s email address to send them another invitation.

No comments:

A Yoga Drishti and Your Job Search

 If you've been following this blog long enough, you'll know that I practice yoga. I also write how certain yoga techniques can be u...