Monday, November 15, 2010

References

Wow - two blogs entries in one day!  I didn't want this one to get past me because I think it is really interesting.  A friend who works in a college sent me this article about emotive references. The article focuses on the different styles of references for both men and women and how some of these glowing tributes can actually hurt a woman's chances of getting the job in an academic situation.  I think that the same thing happens in other, non academic professions.

If this is true, then it seems to me that not much has changed over the past for years. What do you think?

No comments:

A Yoga Drishti and Your Job Search

 If you've been following this blog long enough, you'll know that I practice yoga. I also write how certain yoga techniques can be u...