Saturday, October 29, 2011

NJ Women's Expo

The other day while on Facebook, I noticed that a friend "liked" a group called the NJ Women's Expo. I took a look at it and "liked" it too. The NJ women's Expo is a event that is planned for the weekend of November 5 & 6, 2011. It will showcase the area's very best products, services, seminars and attractions created especially for women.

I then contacted the NJ women's Expo site and asked for information for the 2012 show. I figured that while it is too late to get involved this year, perhaps I could think about speaking at the event next year. Yesterday I got a call from the group asking ihttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.giff I would showcase my book for at least one day of the show. The best part? It's free.

The moral of the story is to take a chance. Don't be afraid to contact someone (or a hiring manager) because you don't think that you are qualified. You never know what might happen.

If you are in the NJ area on November 6, 2011 between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm, please visit the expo. I'll be in the Book Nook talking about my book, Job Search for Moms. Please drop by and say "Hi". It looks like a a fun event.

No comments:

A Yoga Drishti and Your Job Search

 If you've been following this blog long enough, you'll know that I practice yoga. I also write how certain yoga techniques can be u...