Thursday, April 6, 2017

The Interview Thank You Note

About two weeks ago I bought my son a blazer from a local Brooks Brothers outlet as a birthday gift. It was gorgeous gray blazer at a great sale price. He loved it.
Yesterday I received a card in the mail. It was a hand-written thank you note from the sales associate at Brooks Brothers who helped me select the blazer. He thanked me for my purchase and told me that he looked forward to assisting me in the future.
It was short and sweet and it brought me a little bit a faith in human-kind in these days of on-line shopping, little communication and lack of customer service.

After all, who doesn’t like to get a real piece of mail?

So write the interview thank you note. Let the hiring manager know that you enjoyed meeting him or her and share something that you discussed in the interview. It does make a difference and if the hiring manager is stuck between offering the job to you and another candidate and YOU wrote the thank you note, chances are the odds are in your favor.

Here is a sample that you can tailor for your own thank you note.

Name
Address                                                                                                                       Date
Dear Name,
I’d like to thank you for meeting with me to this past Tuesday to speak about the Financial Analyst position with (Name of company). I hope through our conversations that you were able to learn of my commitment to the industry along with my thoughts concerning (state something that you spoke about).
*****As I mentioned in our interview, I would value the opportunity to work as part of the (company name) team.  My financial experience along with my knowledge of (list skills mentioned in position description) best practices, strategic planning, driving results and building relationships have given me a well-rounded view of many business practices.  Most importantly, I have a true respect and deep interest in finance and its enormous relevance in advancing a global business.
I especially admire the strong values and commitment displayed by (name of company).  If I can be of further assistance or if you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me via email or at (area code) number.  I look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely,
Name
Email
****This section is tailored to the discussion points in the interview.

No comments:

A Yoga Drishti and Your Job Search

 If you've been following this blog long enough, you'll know that I practice yoga. I also write how certain yoga techniques can be u...