Monday, February 24, 2014

Resume Accomplishments Worksheet


Did you ever do something and think,"Now that was easy"? That's what I think every time I work with a client to design his or her resume and I use the worksheet shown below. I also share it with clients as they prepare for an upcoming interview. So many have benefited from this simple yet effective form that I thought I'd share it with you. 

To use it for creating a targeted resume, review the open job description and list the accomplishments that you have made that support each of the stated responsibilities.  Be able to answer, how many, how much, what, why and results. Basically jot down what you have done in your past job(s), volunteer activities or school in the past that align with each listed job responsibility. Using this form makes a lot of sense if you do so after creating a template resume but it also helps if you are creating your resume from scratch.

If you already have a targeted resume and were called in to for an interview, use the worksheet in the same manner. This time, list the job requirements and for each, list a STAR (Specific, Task, Actions, Results) example. This worksheet is now a "cheat sheet" to help you prepare for your upcoming resume. 

I hope it works for you!


No comments:

A Yoga Drishti and Your Job Search

 If you've been following this blog long enough, you'll know that I practice yoga. I also write how certain yoga techniques can be u...