Saturday, September 11, 2010

My Memory of September 11

Nine years ago today I was in Monmouth Medical Center looking out of my mother’s hospital room window at the sparkling ocean to the east and billows of smoke to the north. There was a boat not far from the shore line and I wondered if the driver of that boat knew what had just happened.


My mother was just given her own death sentence. The day before she had surgery to remove a cancerous tumor in her colon and was told she had 6 to 18 months to live. We were devastated as we watched the events of 9-11 unfolding from her small hospital room television. As the towers imploded she said,”What I am going through is nothing compared to what is going on across the river.”

The hospital was cleared of all non-critical patients to make room for the victims of the terror attack. Those ambulances never arrived.

May God bless all the courageous souls that were lost that day and may God continue to bless our great country.

No comments:

Salary Negotiation Tips

  A retired teacher friend of mine is thinking about returning to the workforce but as an educational consultant. The company is flying her ...