Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Holiday Gift Idea

I recently replied to a request for an article on holiday gifts for the job seeker. As I thought about it afterwards though, the job search would be at the bottom of my list of things to reflect upon over the holidays.  I tend to think like Scarlett O'Hara returning to Tara at the end of Gone With the Wind, "After all, tomorrow is another day."

New Year's Day is a different story though.  That's the day to think about new directions and strategies (I know, even though we may have good intentions, we may not always follow though).  I suggest giving the job seeker a surprise gift on New Year’s Day.  Some suggestions are a gift certificate to a salon, spa or department store. Some money towards a career coach is a nice idea too. I would also suggest a copy of one of the many wonderful job search handbooks, including my own, Job Search for Moms. Chapter One is centered on planning and preparing for the job search.  What better way to start the New Year than by prioritizing, setting goals and designing a plan?

Job Search for Moms is not just for women. As a recent male job seeker said to me, MOM can be an acronym for Men On (the) Move.  I like that!

If you would like an inscribed or signed copy of Job Search for Moms, let me know and I will ship it out immediately.  If you would like to order on line, you can find the book on Amazon, Barnes and Noble or Lulu.

Whatever you decide, saving a gift for the New Year just might make 2011 a bit brighter and show that job seeker that you support them in whatever they do.

2 comments:

Pam Stanton said...

That's a great gift idea to inspire job seekers for a bright new year of opportunities!

Nancy Range Anderson said...

Thanks Pam, as always I appreciate your comments!

A Yoga Drishti and Your Job Search

 If you've been following this blog long enough, you'll know that I practice yoga. I also write how certain yoga techniques can be u...